Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Whole Family of God

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
--EPHESIANS 3.14-15

I want to mention here that there is a schism and divisions among certain believers on the Lord Jesus Christ and it reminds me of the schism, divisions and contentions that the Apostle Paul mentioned in these verses:

That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
--I CORINTHIANS 12.25

And we have some today who are of Paul now and have the Pauline grace message and who boast of "right division" meaning that they are those who rightly divide the word of truth.  Even Paul rebuked the Corinthians for these divisions and contentions in his letter here:

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
--I CORINTHIANS 1.10-13

We will cover this in greater detail in my own video but for now study this sermon closely and search the scriptures for whether these things are so:

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
--I CORINTHIANS 3.3-4