Sunday, July 19, 2015

Brett Favre honored by SELL OUT CROWD at Lanbeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin

*****Football in July*****

Only in Wisconsin :-)


Brett Favre honored by SELL OUT CROWD

Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Day at Lambeau Field

The entire town comes out to honor Brett Favre

The crowd was a FULL CROWD to honor Quarterback Brett Favre who is now in the National Football Hall of Fame.  Here in Wisconsin people enjoy football, baseball, hockey, basketball, and various other sports such as curling, skiing (both water and snow), tennis, racquetball, swimming, running, triathlons, weight lifting, fishing, hunting, shooting, hiking, climbing, and various other sports both outdoor and indoor activities.  But there's something interesting about Lambeau Field and Green Bay in that it is somewhat old fashioned and it really is a town committed to the Green Bay Packers unlike the other teams in the NFL in that the people there are really into this team as you can see clearly by the sell out crowd. 

I don't know Brett Favre personally but I have some friends of mine who actually know Brett Favre and they tell me he really is a genuine guy with his family, etc.  He's probably one of the last of his kind in the NFL.  One of the few times you'll see the NFL actually enjoy something real instead of the usual Hollywood half-time exhibitions where in Green Bay there actually is a real team that is close to real people.  They didn't need anyone dancing or entertainment.  They just simply like football.  

Meanwhile in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at Miller Park there was a Brewer's baseball game that was going on.  I don't believe it was a sell-out crowd either.  But they had a good crowd as the usual traffic jams on Interstate 90/94, 894, and 41 and 45 were in progress that day.  I was actually there in Milwaukee myself attempting to chase some severe storms but I got jammed up in a traffic jam and couldn't get the video I wanted.  :-( 

WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE:
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Brett-Favre-addresses-fans-at-Lambeau-Field/b2d438d1-d333-456b-87a8-24127fd833c4 

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
--I CORINTHIANS 9.24-27





...developing...