Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Serious Look At The Current Silver Situation



Paper trading and physical silver are now separated.  Looks to me like it would do well to avoid these ETF's and even perhaps the Sprott funds.   Beware of SLV, ZSL, PSLV, etc.... 

UPDATE BrotherJohnF:



An Auctioneer Looks at Silver Objectively:  (guess who is the auctioneer?) I'm sure yawl know more about this than I do but I enjoy listening and reading.

If paper physical trading whether in futures contracts or on the big board via ETF's and closed end funds are now separated what does that mean?  It makes no sense to me really because the price drop affected both whether you own a position in an ETF or you actually went to a coin dealer and bought a tube of American Eagles.  The spot price still affects both so where is the difference?  I don't quite follow this.

Also it seems to me that with all this manipulation down and the George Soros conspiracy that gold is what the big players are keeping and they are for some reason taking silver down for an entirely different reason.  They are not investing in silver they are in gold.  Some industrial use or war use for silver is coming and the price needs to be cheap.  Time to keep a safe distance from this then because something deeper than QE3 is going on here.

Who sets the spot silver price by the way then?  That is a good question.  Good thing my bidders can't short cattle at a live auction because I would go bonkers.  My ring man sets the bid and my buyers tell me what it's worth per pound.   I like it when sale prices go up better.  I couldn't imagine shorting cattle or items at auction.

"All right; weigh 'em to ya now would ya bid 35 and now half....half...half...36..6..6..6..6. now half...half...half..36.ana..half...half...half..up here now 7...sold em to ya triple XXX ranch...moooooooooooo...slam out the gate..."   Sure wish silver was that easy....developing...