Tuesday, April 7, 2015

How Social Media Can Ruin Relationships

It can also protect you from potential bad ones...


I'm learning some things about SOCIAL MEDIA by experience today.  At first I thought perhaps social media and chat rooms were turning into more of a bad thing but actually as it turns out it may be a good way to filter out potential problematic relationships.  It forces you to maintain a certain amount of awareness and also can be very helpful at times at revealing the true nature of all men (and this includes women.)

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
--ISAIAH 64.6
 
As a believer on the Lord Jesus Christ it means that although I am a sinner I won't be judged a sinner since my sins have been forgiven in Christ and as a result of his precious blood that purged my sins on the cross.  Nevertheless as it pertains to the flesh the grace of God teaches us by walking in the Spirit to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and it teaches us how to live this life in the flesh and the benefits of crucifying the flesh with its affections and lusts. 

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
--TITUS 2.11-14

And as for various temptations I can see how God actually delivers us out of certain things that would otherwise turn out to be unfruitful in our lives as contrary to a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  The Lord indeed does know how to do this quite well and even though it may be sort of painful in our present distress we look for that time when we finally have the redemption of this body and this corruptible flesh puts on the promise of that incorruption according to the scriptures:

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
--II PETER 2.9

Obviously there are those of you who know more of this story that I'm not fully revealing here for various reasons...perhaps to protect the innocent?...:-)...



A learning experience

So what have I learned from this?  Maybe more than I realize but at least I'm learning something.  I've learned that in my own flesh dwells no good thing.  But Christ in me is the hope of glory and yet we (them that believe) have this treasure in our earthen vessels:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
--ROMANS 7.18

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
--II CORINTHIANS 4.7

One final word about women

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
--PROVERBS 14.1 

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
--PROVERBS 31.10-11

...developing...